Wednesday, October 25, 2006

at my personal space, after meeting with my advisor

After meeting with my adviser this morning, I learned a painful truth: I need 4.0 for my 17 credits this semester to graduate with honors. Well, let me say the sentence differently. I'm not sure whether I can graduate with honors. When I was doing my thing in a bathroom in the library(too explicit? This is the place where I meet God intimately and I get great insights of life), a great question came to my mind: what have I been doing for my life? What have I failed to bring happiness to God?

Well, I can bring up many things, but most of all I haven't been an independent thinker. I didn't think of my life as the one that I need to take care of to be a good steward. I've been thinking that someone will take care of me someday as my mom and dad have contributed in my life. They have supported me with college tuition, advices, prayers, and almost every need. In every possible way, I have been dependent on them financially, mentally, and emotionally. Now is the time, although it seems late, to start thinking independence.

While sitting on a toilet for a while, God struck me with his gentle guidance.
What is my status in academics, finances, mental strength, relationship, and spirituality?
I'm going to take each one into account, and start figuring out my current positions and solutions for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment