Wednesday, October 25, 2006

thoughts about life

Where is my future prep?- a thought after pancake breakfast at undercroft
Category: Life

I went to undercroft of Chapel to see whether I can learn something about fundraising this morning. I was trying to make a conversation with Luke's two brothers, Daniel and Gideon. As we start talking about different topics, we ended up talking our passions. Gideon shared me with his passion in missions and what he would like to do about it. I didn't ask any further questions to dig deeper of his thoughts, but I ended up being asked about my passion by Gideon and his father. I shared what I'd like to do with my life, and I explained to them, and Gideon's father who is a pastor, asked me if I would like to be connected to a business person in China. I couldn't say "yes" right away because I thought that the mission field plan is going to come later in life. I said good-by and left the place, but his question kept making me think about what I'm doing now for my mission work.

10:18 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove


Monday, October 16, 2006

A Lesson from Japanese [History 160]
Category: Life

The Russian, Ottoman, Chinese empires were all collapsed after the Western forces came into their region, but Japanese empires had flourished.
Although there could be many reasons for being successful for the country such as majority didn't like to be subjected to shoguns or the military power of Japan at that moment was worse than any of the three empires, but I would like to point out that Japanese humbleness to learn something better than themselves. They knew how to be humble. I believe that people learn the most when they are honest and humble; people can learn the best when they are honest because they could identify their problem the most efficiently without any hinderance. And people can learn the best when they are humble because they got rid of all the barriers such as conceitedness and ignorance that keep them from achieving an opportunity to advance themselves.
I need to be honest and humble today to appreciate this lesson from my history class.

8:53 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Indian's definition of competition
Category: Life

Pastor Kim at Grace Korean CRC preached this Sunday about "loving each other."
One of the message was about IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) where 6 of my friends have been attending. He said that Indians' way of competition happen within themselves, not within a class or institute. This message made me think. I have been considering my roommates, classmates, schoolmates, students around the world as my competitors whom I should overcome or conquer. I began to changing this previous thought of mine.

5:49 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove


Sunday, October 15, 2006

Steve Jobs_If you want to be the best
Category: Life

This is my English translation of his quote: to be the best, engage in the best that human has ever made at your best, and then connect it to your work.

5:32 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

No comments:

Post a Comment