Thursday, November 09, 2006

cannot be perfect + actually try +Warren Bennis

My mom told me this evening that people cannot be perfect and so I am; so don't try to be perfect. Her message was profound although it may be a known truth.

During my practice at studio room, I realized that I can learn the best if I actually try things even though my ability were lacking of to perform the job.
Although I felt that I wasn't ready for practicing the piece that I used to practice, I pursued continuing the work. The funny result was that it worked.

Today, I went to Calvin Leadership Series.
I listened to interview done by Bill Hybels to Warren Bennis, the leadership guru.
The most important lesson was that I need to have optimistic if I want to be a great leader.
Bennis was referring to ex-President Reagan, who was known for his optimistic insights.

Another point Bennis was making was that in general people does not know mission or vision of their organization. People perish because of devoid of vision.

The third lesson was that I need to have a passion which original meaning involves pain and suffering.

The second last lesson was that in leadership there will be three key components: drive/ambition, competence, and moral compass.

The last lesson that I learned that I can apply to my life is that in every morning I must ask these two questions: what is my vision and mission for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment