Sunday, October 12, 2014

[New Philly] The Power of Agreement by Pastor Marcus Corpening

Date: October 12, 2014
Scripture: Matthew 18:18-20
Title: The Power of Agreement
Speaker: Pastor Marcus Corpening
Message: 
Ask whether I'm in agreement with God; ask whether I'm disobeying Him because of my disagreement with Him.

3 areas to agree with Him

1. who God says that we are (i.e. our identity)
  • lesson: how I view myself determines how I live my life
  • negative example: Saul in 1 Samuel 19
  • my challenge: I haven't been seeing myself the way He sees me.
    • e.g. #1
      • my old belief: I believed that my sins are bigger than Jesus and I'm unsavable. 
      • my new belief: Jesus' blood is greater than my sins.
    • e.g. #2
      • my old belief: I haven't been able to lead well
      • my new belief: I am a mighty man of God leading nations to His direction
2. what God says I need 
  • lesson: receive things from Him as gifts instead of trying to achieve the things by myself
  • negative example: Abraham in Genesis 16
  • my challenge: e.g. 
    • my old self: try to find wife and seek physical intimacy in my own ways
    • my new self: look to Him for those gifts
  • Pastor Marcus's testimony e.g. 
    • 1. God's grace on his finance when taking up pastor position
    • 2. all credit card debt paid in full
    • 3. flowed-in 2 mill KRW
3. what God has been calling us to do
  • lesson: this comes after agreeing with #1 and #2 above
  • my challenge: e.g. 
    • my old self: He won't open any doors for me
    • my new self: I will agree with Him in terms of my identity in Him and receive freely for my full-time position and wife; I will trust in Him by seeing the agreement in faith. 

My Takeaway
  • Get back to fasting social media for supernatural restoration, breakthrough, healing, etc.
  • I will reject all the lies I have been holding onto and start believing the truth (i.e. Jesus Christ and His promises). 


No comments:

Post a Comment