Sunday, October 19, 2014

[New Philly] Wisdom with Fitness by Pastor Christian Lee

Date: October 19, 2014
Scripture: 1 Cor 6:19-20
Title: Wisdom with Fitness
Speaker: Pastor Christian Lee
My Takeaway: 
1. My body and spirit are one and by bringing my body to an optimal state I can glorify God.
[3 John 2] our physical body needs to prosper as well along with spiritual body

2. I will add self-control to my faith. 
[2 Peter 1:5-7] make every effort to add self-control to my faith 
[1 Peter 5:8] self-control because enemy roars like lions
self-control is the fruit of the Spirit
[1 Cor 9] athletes run for prize and they keep control of themselves 

3. I will have "one more" attitude towards holiness.
[Hebrews 12:1] run with perseverance: fitness is useful because it teaches perseverance.
 e.g. In wrestling, endurance minimizes mistakes.
I will apply the philosophy of "one more" and will be unstoppable! 
[1 Thessalonians 4:3-8] God doesn't want my body in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God but instead He wants me to learn how to control my own body to be holy and honorable. 

Additional: 
listen to Pastor JM's "Stop Listening to Your Heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment